Different individuals will give you a different set of reasons why Christians are not productive in Muslim evangelism. Or why Christians can’t evangelize Muslims. I have my own list that does not come from siting in a room and watching YouTube videos, and surfing the net but through lived experiences of 30 years in one of the extremist Islamic countries and 13 years of practical ministry among Muslims.
Here are my 3 Reasons why Christians Can’t Evangelize Muslims:
- Islam forbids the conversion of Muslims to any other religion. In Islamic territories it is forced by law and social efforts. However, in the West most of the Christians are dealing with secularism, atheism and many other types of cults that they hardly give any attention to Islamic faith.
- Christians’ scholarly efforts to address Islamic allegations against Christianity through apologetic means are so little that it will take a whole generation of well trained Christian apologists to meet the growing need of intellectual, theological and philosophical response to cultural, religious, and political Islam.
- Fear of losing life; fear of lack of knowledge about Islam and Muslims and fear of lack of skills how to communicate Christian faith to Muslims restricts most of the Christians to initiate witness to Muslims.
Conclusion: Even though all three reasons are true one thing that is equally true is that more Muslims are converting to Christianity in our time than any given time in the past. How is that possible? Here are three reasons for that:
- Love that is shown by Christians.
- Love that is portrayed in the scriptures (why Christ came into the world).
- Fearless witness of believers because they were convinced “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13, ESV).